Sunday, March 9, 2008

Angkor Wat (Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, & tuk tuks)


The Tuk Tuk (moped rickshaw) delivered us to a nice guest house the night before in Siem Reap. Today we hopped into another one to become orientated with some of the greater temple complex that includes Angkor Wat. The Khmer kingdom, which had reached its peak between the 12th and 14th centuries, constructed an enormous complex of buildings over many square kilometers. The most famous spectacular and well preserved of course is Angkor Wat.

3 comments:

bgil said...

Hi

This is a great way to update your trip progress and adventures.

Have a safe and fun trip.

All my love to you both (Jason's Dad) Brian.

blbjakcoates said...

Hello, Wikipedia is fast becoming my favorite web-site along with your blog. This is all very cool. I am enjoying it. Thanks for sharing. Laura

Karl Rogne said...

Thanks for the picture with you in it, don't be afraid to get creative for the next one. I'd appreciate it if you would keep me entertained...in all seriousness, have fun! I am traveling along with you, living vicariously through my little sister.
love
Karl